Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Only Pirate at the Party Paperback by Lindsey Stirling

Writing a review for a book that has had a profound impact on your life is a very daunting challenge, words seldom express the feeling of the heart and I fear that my words would muffle what I have to say. But a pirate never backs out of challenge that is what I have learnt in due course of time, reading this book.
THE ONLY PIRATE AT THE PARTY is a heartfelt memoir of the world renowned violinist Lindsey Stirling. Her life from a bubbly small girl in the suburbs to a rock-a-sock renegade international violinist is highlighted in the book. Filled with funny anecdotes and events, the book captures the unique persona of Lindsey as such.
Her life story is a source of inspiration to millions around the world. Through the course of the book we get to know Lindsey up close and personal. Detailing every triumph she has experienced till now, Lindsey shares stories of her humble yet charmed childhood, humorous adolescence, and life as a struggling musician, personal struggles with anorexia and finally, success as a world class entertainer.
I loved the way the book was written, there is a unique singular voice speaking to you that is charming and funny, that doesn’t bore you. I loved the chapter titles of the book; it certainly was enough to spark interest in reader to start a new chapter. One has to read it to believe it. I was particularly intrigued by everything in the book! (The most fascinating part of the book is definitely the title.)
Lindsey’s story of her struggles with anorexia really helped me fight my inner demons too. Personally I am a huge fan of Lindsey and her music and when I heard about her book being released I couldn’t control my excitement. The main reason why I bought this book was to know more about Lindsey and her life because she is the biggest inspiration in my life and I look up to her more than anyone else in the entire world.           
Her magnetizing story- at once remarkable and universal- is a testimony that there is no singular recipe for success, and despite what people might say, sometimes it’s okay to be the only pirate at the party.

Yeshwanth P
Class XI

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement